According to the Center For Disease Control (CDC), there are approximately 4.5 million dog bites in the United States every year, and 900,000 of those bites become infected. The U.S. population is approximately 325.8 million people as of 2017. That means a dog bites 1 out of every 72 people.
Here are some quick statistics according the American Veterinary Medical Association
- Almost 1 in 5 people bitten by dogs require medical attention.
- Every year, more than 800,000 Americans receive medical attention for dog bites; at least half of them are children.
- Children are, by far, the most common victims of dog bites and are far more likely to be severely injured.
- Most dog bites affecting young children occur during everyday activities and while interacting with familiar dogs.
- Senior citizens are the second most common dog bite victims.
If you are bitten by a dog and require medical attention due to the negligence of its owner you can you can file a claim against the dog’s owner.According to the National Insurance Information I